Route Gottfried von Bouillon e.V.
deutsch english français nederlands
Sie befinden sich hier:Burgen und Schlösser
Oberburg Manderscheid

Owner
Community of Manderscheid
Address
Oberburg
54531 Manderscheid
Contact

Tourist Board Manderscheid
Tel.: (06572) 93 26 65
Fax: (06572) 93 35 21

www.manderscheid.de
manderscheid@eifel.info

How to find

Google Maps

Near the town of castles Manderscheid on a prominent rock stands the Upper Castle, first mentioned in 973. It is one of the oldest castle ruins of the Eifel and was until the French Revolution one of the seven main castles of the electorate Trier. After the destruction by the French in 1673 mainly the 5-storey tower rising among the ring walls and remnants of the gate and other buildings characterizes its appearance. Splendid view from the accessible top of the tower on Manderscheid and the valley of the Lieser.

Opening hours: all year. A 20 minutes guided tour connects the Upper Castle with the Lower Castle.

© 2007 digital-workforce
SitePower by SAT
Route Gottfried von Bouillon e.V. Präsident: Bankverbindung:
Schlossstr. 36 Prof. Dr. Klaus Tiepelmann Vereinigte Volksbank Cochem
D-56812 Cochem   BLZ 587 901 00
  Stellv. Präsident: Konto 6599.08
Tel.: 0 26 71 / 2 55 Udo Petschnigg, MBA
Fax: 0 26 71 / 5691   Vereinsregister Koblenz
info@route-gottfried-von-bouillon.de   Registernummer VR 3030